Before you sign up to a contractor umbrella company scheme, make sure you read some of our leading umbrella guides first, and our notes at the bottom of this page.
- What is an umbrella company?.
- Umbrella company expenses.
- Joining an umbrella company scheme.
- How to choose the best umbrella company – 15 tips.
Here is a select list of some of the leading UK contractor umbrella solution providers:
Partner Umbrella Companies
Umbrella Company UK
- Only £12.00 per week (for a limited time)!
- Founded by experts with over 20 years’ industry experience.
- Rapidly growing company.
- Upload your hours and reimbursed expenses in minutes via our innovative app!
- £25 million insurance cover included.
- Refer your friends and earn rewards.
- Perfect for public and private sector contractors
- No joining and leaving costs, or other hidden fees.
- Sign up in minutes.
- 01707 669 023
- Fully FCSA Accredited.
- Switch between umbrella and limited company accounting.
- IR35 and tax-planning advice included.
- No hidden fees, plus fixed-margin fees.
- Contribute as much as you want into your chosen pension – saving tax and NICs.
- Simple, fast registration process.
- First-class customer service.
- You will have a dedicated point of contact.
- Compliance as standard.
- Flexible pension scheme.
- Highly-rated rewards scheme.
- Competitive margin: £25/week, £95/month.
- 01473 845 835
- Founded by a contractor for contractors.
- FCSA Accredited Member.
- Same day payments with up to 5 payrolls a day.
- Extended opening hours.
- 0800 458 0818
Suggest an Umbrella Company
If you’d like to add your umbrella company to this directory, simply email us for further details.
Before signing up to an umbrella company scheme, you should consider a number of important factors first – how much does the company charge on a weekly/monthly basis, are there any hidden extras? Are there any charges or penalties if you decide to leave the scheme?
Be sure to ask what the scheme’s expenses policy is. You should only claim for expenses incurred wholly and exclusively as a result of your contract work.
We only list PAYE schemes which comply with UK tax regulations and deduct the correct amount of tax from employees. In fact, the only difference in your take-home pay between providers should only ever be the umbrella company’s fees.
Thankfully, most leading umbrella companies operate compliant expenses policies these days. We also recommend you ask contractor colleagues for their recommendations.
Before signing up, make sure you also speak to a representative of the umbrella company – it is important that you get the right personal feeling before committing yourself.
Also remember, if a scheme provider does not meet your expectations, you can easily switch providers at a later date.
List of FCSA Accredited umbrella companies
Here is a list of umbrella companies that have been tested for compliance with the FCSA Codes. You can browse all FCSA accredited firms (for both umbrella and accountancy) here.
- SD Payroll Services
- Dasa Umbrella
- We Contract
- Umbrella Company UK
- Liquid Friday
- Brookson One
- Fore Two Group
- Eden Group
- Black Diamond
- Payments Pro
- CWC Solutions
- Orange Genie
- Oasis Umbrella
- The Indigo Group
- Bright Sky Contracting
- Crest Plus
- Clipper Contracting Group
- Pendragon Consultancy
- Contractor Umbrella
- Champion Contractors
- SG Umbrella
- Fair Pay Services
- Mango Pay
- Mortimer Childe
- No Worries
- Exact Payroll
- Churchill Knight Umbrella
- Global Challenge
- Granite BPO
- SSC Services
- My Pay
- Exchequer Solutions
Professional Passport also carries out audits of contractor service providers. You can view its list of approved umbrella providers here.
Remember. Only ever sign up with a UK-based PAYE umbrella company. Find out how an umbrella company works, and what to look out for in this guide.
Great Accountancy Services for IT Contractors
Nixon Williams - Limited company + umbrella option in one monthly package. The ultimate flexibility for contractors. Find out more here.
Only £75 per month* - Join Bluebird Accountancy and discover more about our FreeAgent inclusive, best-selling accountancy package! (* T&C's apply).
£40 when you open a Tide bank account - plus free transfers for a year. Use as a main or secondary business account. Find out more.