Before you sign up to a contractor umbrella company scheme, make sure you read some of our leading umbrella guides first, and our notes at the bottom of this page.
- What is an umbrella company?.
- Umbrella company expenses.
- Joining an umbrella company scheme.
- How to choose the best umbrella company – 15 tips.
Here is a select list of some of the leading UK contractor umbrella solution providers:
Partner Umbrella Companies
- Just £12 per week (limited time only).
- 100s of happy contractors.
- Family-run business.
- Exclusive discount scheme access (saving you money.
- Covered by £25 million business insurance.
- Same Day Faster Payments – you’ll be paid on time.
- Fully HMRC-compliant.
- You will have your own Account Manager.
- Great for Public Sector workers.
- 01707 871622
- Founded by a contractor for contractors.
- FCSA Accredited Member.
- Same day payments with up to 5 payrolls a day.
- Extended opening hours.
- 0800 458 0818
- Founded in 2002.
- No entry or exit fees whatsoever.
- Fixed margin, no hidden ‘extras’.
- Money back guarantee, and dedicated account manager.
- 01206 713 680
Suggest an Umbrella Company
If you’d like to add your umbrella company to this directory, simply email us for further details.
Before signing up to an umbrella company scheme, you should consider a number of important factors first – how much does the company charge on a weekly/monthly basis, are there any hidden extras?, are there any charges or penalties if you decide to leave the scheme?
Be sure to ask what the scheme’s expenses policy is. You should only claim for expenses incurred wholly and exclusively as a result of your contract work.
We only list PAYE schemes which comply with UK tax regulations, and deduct the correct amount of tax from employees. In fact, the only difference in your take home pay between providers should only ever be the umbrella company’s fees.
Thankfully, most leading umbrella companies operate compliant expenses policies these days. We also recommend you ask contractor colleagues for their recommendations.
Before signing up, make sure you also speak to a representative of the umbrella company – it is important that you get the right personal feeling before committing yourself.
Also remember, if a scheme provider does not meet your expectations, you can easily switch providers at a later date.