Before you sign up to a contractor umbrella company scheme, make sure you read some of our leading umbrella guides first, and our notes at the bottom of this page.
- What is an umbrella company?.
- Umbrella company expenses.
- Joining an umbrella company scheme.
- How to choose the best umbrella company – 15 tips.
Here is a select list of some of the leading UK contractor umbrella solution providers:
Partner Umbrella Companies
- Only £12.00 per week (for a limited time)!
- Founded by experts with over 20 years’ industry experience.
- Rapidly growing company.
- Upload your hours and reimbursed expenses in minutes via our innovative app!
- £25 million insurance cover included.
- Refer your friends and earn rewards.
- Perfect for public and private sector contractors
- No joining and leaving costs, or other hidden fees.
- Sign up in minutes.
- 01707 669 023
- Pay as much as you want into your preferred pension, saving Tax & NI PLUS save more with Employer Contributions.
- FCSA accredited for the highest levels of compliance.
- Ability to switch to and from SG Accounting for a Limited Company.
- IR35 and tax planning advice included.
- Fixed margin, no hidden fees.
- 01962 867 550
Simple, fast registration process.
First-class customer service.
You will have a dedicated point of contact.
Compliance as standard.
Flexible pension scheme.
Highly-rated rewards scheme.
- Competitive margin: £25/week, £95/month.
- 01473 845 835
- Founded by a contractor for contractors.
- FCSA Accredited Member.
- Same day payments with up to 5 payrolls a day.
- Extended opening hours.
- 0800 458 0818
Suggest an Umbrella Company
If you’d like to add your umbrella company to this directory, simply email us for further details.
Before signing up to an umbrella company scheme, you should consider a number of important factors first – how much does the company charge on a weekly/monthly basis, are there any hidden extras? Are there any charges or penalties if you decide to leave the scheme?
Be sure to ask what the scheme’s expenses policy is. You should only claim for expenses incurred wholly and exclusively as a result of your contract work.
We only list PAYE schemes which comply with UK tax regulations and deduct the correct amount of tax from employees. In fact, the only difference in your take-home pay between providers should only ever be the umbrella company’s fees.
Thankfully, most leading umbrella companies operate compliant expenses policies these days. We also recommend you ask contractor colleagues for their recommendations.
Before signing up, make sure you also speak to a representative of the umbrella company – it is important that you get the right personal feeling before committing yourself.
Also remember, if a scheme provider does not meet your expectations, you can easily switch providers at a later date.