Before you sign up with a contractor umbrella company, make sure you read some of our leading umbrella guides first, and our notes at the bottom of this page.
- What is an umbrella company?
- Umbrella company expenses
- How to choose the best umbrella company – 15 tips
- How to find umbrella company reviews
Here is a select list of some of the best UK contractor umbrella solution providers:
Partner Umbrella Companies
Umbrella Company UK
- Only £12.00 per week – amazing value!
- FCSA Accredited Member.
- Founded by experts with over 20 years of industry experience.
- Upload your hours and expenses in minutes via an innovative app.
- £25 million insurance cover included.
- Refer your friends and earn rewards.
- Perfect for public and private sector contractors
- No joining and leaving costs, or other hidden fees.
- Sign up in minutes.
- 01707 669 023
Churchill Knight Umbrella
- £12 per week margin.
- SafeRec Certified – Realtime payslip audits in place
- Accredited by the FCSA.
- The team behind CK Umbrella has 50+ years of contractor payroll expertise.
- Employee Benefits – Continuity of employment, Sick Pay, Maternity/Paternity Pay.
- Free Insurance (business liability and professional indemnity)
- No tie in period or hidden costs whatsoever.
- Payments are made same day (Faster Payments).
- 01707 871622
- Fully FCSA Accredited.
- Switch between umbrella and limited company accounting.
- IR35 and tax-planning advice included.
- No hidden fees, plus fixed-margin fees.
- Contribute as much as you want into your pension – save tax and NICs.
- 01962 896954
- Simple, fast registration process.
- First-class customer service.
- You will have a dedicated point of contact.
- Flexible pension scheme.
- Highly-rated rewards scheme.
- Competitive margin: £25/week, £95/month.
- 01473 845 835
- Simple set up process. You can be up and running in minutes.
- 30+ years of experience supporting contractors.
- Over 30,000 workers use Workwell solutions.
- Full employment rights.
- FCSA Accredited firm.
- 01923 257 257
Suggest an Umbrella Company
If you’d like to add your umbrella company to this directory, simply email us for further details.
Before signing up to an umbrella company scheme, you should consider a number of important factors first – how much does the company charge on a weekly/monthly basis, are there any hidden extras? Are there any charges or penalties if you decide to leave the scheme?
Be sure to ask what the scheme’s expenses policy is. You should only claim for expenses incurred wholly and exclusively as a result of your contract work.
We only list PAYE schemes which comply with UK tax regulations and deduct the correct amount of tax from employees. In fact, the only difference in your take-home pay between providers should only ever be the umbrella company’s fees.
Thankfully, most leading umbrella companies operate compliant expenses policies these days. We also recommend you ask contractor colleagues for their recommendations.
Before signing up, make sure you also speak to a representative of the umbrella company – it is important that you get the right personal feeling before committing yourself.
Also remember, if a scheme provider does not meet your expectations, you can easily switch providers at a later date.
List of FCSA Accredited umbrella companies
Here is a list of umbrella companies that have been tested for compliance with the FCSA Codes. You can browse all FCSA accredited firms (for both umbrella and accountancy) here.
- SD Payroll Services
- Dasa Umbrella
- We Contract
- Umbrella Company UK
- Liquid Friday
- Brookson One
- Fore Two Group
- Eden Group
- Black Diamond
- Payments Pro
- CWC Solutions
- Orange Genie
- Oasis Umbrella
- The Indigo Group
- Bright Sky Contracting
- Crest Plus
- Clipper Contracting Group
- Pendragon Consultancy
- Contractor Umbrella
- Champion Contractors
- SG Umbrella
- Fair Pay Services
- Mango Pay
- Mortimer Childe
- No Worries
- Exact Payroll
- Churchill Knight Umbrella
- Global Challenge
- Granite BPO
- SSC Services
- My Pay
- Exchequer Solutions
Professional Passport also carries out audits of contractor service providers. You can view its list of approved umbrella providers here.
Remember. Only ever sign up with a UK-based PAYE umbrella company. Find out how an umbrella company works, and what to look out for in this guide.