Use our salary and dividends calculator to work out how much additional tax you will have to pay on dividends drawn down from your limited company.
Dividend Tax Calculator – 2023/24
Please enter your salary and dividends to work out your tax liability for the 2023/4 tax year. Please scroll down for some assumptions we have made.
Further Information / Assumptions
- This calculator will work out the tax payable on any dividends you receive during the current tax year.
- You will typically receive the full personal allowance for the year in question unless you receive £100,000 or more, where your personal allowance is reduced by £1 for every £2 you received over this limit.
- Any restricted allowances, to the extent the restriction applies to the salary are reflected in PAYE and the total liability.
- We assume that you were employed throughout the year and this is your only employed income.
- No benefits in kind or other non-employment income have been received during the year.
- The dividend allowance is £1,000. The first £1,000 of dividends are tax-free, although the allowance still uses up £1,000 of the basic rate tax band.
- The Employment Allowance has been ignored as single-director companies are ineligible. If your company is eligible, the Employers’ NI amount will be refunded.
- The income tax rates and bands used apply to all of the UK, except Scotland – which has separate rates.
The calculations have been checked by our accountants, although you should not rely solely on data provided by the calculator. Please discuss your personal circumstances with your own accountant.