Professional Indemnity Insurance
PI Insurance for contractors + public and employers' liability cover - find out more.
IT contract jobs market continues steady recovery
Posted Nov 11, 2010
The latest quarterly survey of the IT jobs market by Salary Services Ltd shows that the IT contract market has recovered strongly this year.
According to the comprehensive October report, there has been a steady increase in demand for IT contractors during the first three quarters of 2010, with contract vacancy numbers up 23.3% on the start of the year.
Contract rates are up 4.8% on 2009, and have risen by 1.5% since the last quarter.
The demand for contractors varies significantly between regions, with contract positions in the South up by 11.7%, compared with 2.8% in the Midlands and down by 2.6% in the North of the country.
Contract demand is dominated by software houses and consultancies (44.5%), where demand has risen strongly this year by 12.5%.
IT contract positions in finance have risen by 13.6%, but a large drop of 20.1% in public sector contracts was perhaps expected given the Coalition's cost cutting measures.
You can read the entire report, including interesting insights into the demand for contractors by skill and industry sectors here.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Essential cover from Hiscox
- Helix Management Ltd - Up to 90% retention. Same day payments
- Parasol - the UK's favourite umbrella company
- Qdos - IR35 experts - Providers of low cost contractor insurance
- Contractor Finance - up to £30,000, when you need it
- Umbrella Company - 12,000 contractors can't be wrong!
- SJD Accountancy - UK's largest Accountants to Contractors
- Together we're stronger! - Join PCG, representing contractors
- ClearSky Accounting - specialist support for contractors
- Free IR35 & Tax Review - Call ICS on 0800 195 3750
- InTouch Contractor Accounting - Clients love our personal service
- Contractor Mortgages - Based on your daily rate alone