Contractors' Handbook - expert guide to contracting
Posted Jun 18, 2012
The second edition of the popular Contractors' Handbook has been published. It contains almost 600 pages of practical advice on how to be a successful contractor.
The first edition was released in 2009, and since then, tens of thousands of aspiring and established contractors have read it.
What's new in the second edition?
The original guide, written by Dave Chaplin, founder of industry news site, ContractorCalculator, has been updated to include a wide range of new material such as information on the Agency Workers Regulations, the latest IR35 developments, guidance for overseas contractors, and how to enhance your professional contracting career with some 'contractor mindset tips'.
Chaplin told us why the new edition is money well spent for new and established contractors:
"This new edition incorporates the wealth of new material published in our guides over the past 3 years. We have overhauled the material from the first edition, replaced out-of-date information, included new chapters, which has extended the content by around 40%."
One of the biggest changes to the original guide has been a significant expansion of guidance on how to manage IR35 risk, following the publication of HMRC's 'business entity test' last month.
How to order the Handbook
The Handbook costs £39.99 - you can find out more here.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Essential cover from Hiscox
- Helix Management Ltd - Up to 90% retention. Same day payments
- Parasol - the UK's favourite umbrella company
- Qdos - IR35 experts - Providers of low cost contractor insurance
- Contractor Finance - up to £30,000, when you need it
- Umbrella Company - 12,000 contractors can't be wrong!
- SJD Accountancy - UK's largest Accountants to Contractors
- Together we're stronger! - Join PCG, representing contractors
- ClearSky Accounting - specialist support for contractors
- Free IR35 & Tax Review - Call ICS on 0800 195 3750
- InTouch Contractor Accounting - Clients love our personal service
- Contractor Mortgages - Based on your daily rate alone