Clients unimpressed with contractor recruitment agencies
Posted Apr 25, 2012
A survey by a nationwide HR firm suggests that a massive 89% of leading companies have frozen recruitment for permanent staff, however past experiences have put them off using specialist contractor agencies.
Clients reveal poor experiences with agencies
The report, published by The Curve Group this week, is based on a poll of 50 leading companies across the UK. It reveals that 75% of respondents needed to hire specialist workers for short periods of time, resulting in the increasing use of contractor specialist recruitment companies.
Unfortunately, the clients surveyed were unimpressed on the whole with the service they have experienced - 78% said that the agency had failed to appreciate their business needs, half were sent poor quality, unsuitable CVs, and a quarter rated their experiences to date as 'dreadful'.
Contractors also unimpressed
Contractors surveyed by The Curve Group, also expressed their dissatisfaction with the agencies they had used - 50% reported having 'poor' experiences with agencies as a whole, and 10% said they were 'dreadful.
Common complaints from contractors included phone calls not being returned, a lack of communication by the agency once they had been placed in a role, a lack of feedback after interviews had taken place, and a lack of understanding about how contractors work, or the skills they possess.
Disconnect between agencies, clients and contractors
Co-owner of the report's authors, Lyndsey Simpson, commented on the irony of the report's findings:
"These comments and statistics reveal a serious disconnect between contractor agencies and their clients, yet with recruitment freezes in nearly every sector companies are increasingly having to rely upon contractors."
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Essential cover from Hiscox
- Helix Management Ltd - Up to 90% retention. Same day payments
- Parasol - the UK's favourite umbrella company
- Qdos - IR35 experts - Providers of low cost contractor insurance
- Contractor Finance - up to £30,000, when you need it
- Umbrella Company - 12,000 contractors can't be wrong!
- SJD Accountancy - UK's largest Accountants to Contractors
- Together we're stronger! - Join PCG, representing contractors
- ClearSky Accounting - specialist support for contractors
- Free IR35 & Tax Review - Call ICS on 0800 195 3750
- InTouch Contractor Accounting - Clients love our personal service
- Contractor Mortgages - Based on your daily rate alone