Independent Contractor Services
Find out how much more you could bring home each
month. Contact us free on 0800 195 3750 or via email
Contractor accountant gives his Budget 2012 predictions
Posted Mar 8, 2012
21st March - Read the Key Points from Budget 2012.
Martin Hesketh, MD of Brookson, looks at some of the issues George Osborne will need to consider ahead of the Budget on 21st March.
Despite a larger than expected rise in tax receipts in January, most experts believe that the Chancellor cannot afford to announce any significant tax cuts, but he must still find a way to create an environment in which business can flourish.
The outlook for the economy isn't all negative though, with inflation forecast to fall over the coming months, and no current signs that the economy has entered a double dip recession.
Unsurprisingly, Hesketh urges the Chancellor to stimulate growth, and provide a more beneficial business environment in which small businesses can thrive.
He hopes to see specific measures introduced to encourage entrepreneurialism in the UK.
The OTS expects announcements to be made on the future of IR35 administration some time after the Budget, and Hesketh hopes to see some real progress from the IR35 Forum in this regard.
In terms of specific tax changes, most commentators are not expecting any major announcements - although the scrapping of the additional 50% tax band has been a talking point in the media over the past few weeks.
Hesketh says that he expects only insignificant tax changes, due to the uncertain state of the economy, and the lack of options available to the Chancellor. Higher rate tax relief on pension contributions is a possible target.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Essential cover from Hiscox
- Helix Management Ltd - Up to 90% retention. Same day payments
- Parasol - the UK's favourite umbrella company
- Qdos - IR35 experts - Providers of low cost contractor insurance
- Contractor Finance - up to £30,000, when you need it
- Umbrella Company - 12,000 contractors can't be wrong!
- SJD Accountancy - UK's largest Accountants to Contractors
- Together we're stronger! - Join PCG, representing contractors
- ClearSky Accounting - specialist support for contractors
- Free IR35 & Tax Review - Call ICS on 0800 195 3750
- InTouch Contractor Accounting - Clients love our personal service
- Contractor Mortgages - Based on your daily rate alone