Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) - Useful guides and resources
Posted Sep 29, 2011
The Agency Workers Regulations become law on 1st October 2011. Given the complexity of the new rules, we have listed some of the most useful AWR resources available on the web.
If you would like to recommend any further useful resources, please email us.
Useful AWR resources
- Agency Workers Regulations 2010 - the legislation itself.
- Government guidance - PDF guide from the Department of BIS.
- PCG - good guide to working with freelancers, plus general compliance advice.
- Acas - a useful summary of the AWR from the employment relations experts.
- Professional Passport - comprehensive contractors' guide to the AWR, including implications for both umbrella and limited company contractors.
- REC - Useful AWR news updates from the recruitment organisation. Extensive help and guides available to members.
- APSCo - Resources for members of the recruitment industry body, plus a 88 page public guide (see right hand side of the home page).
- Lawspeed - plenty of AWR-related news and advice from the legal specialists.
- Understanding AWR - blogs and information from the Parasol team.
Our post popular AWR guides include:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance - Essential cover from Hiscox
- Helix Management Ltd - Up to 90% retention. Same day payments
- Parasol - the UK's favourite umbrella company
- Qdos - IR35 experts - Providers of low cost contractor insurance
- Contractor Finance - up to £30,000, when you need it
- Umbrella Company - 12,000 contractors can't be wrong!
- SJD Accountancy - UK's largest Accountants to Contractors
- Together we're stronger! - Join PCG, representing contractors
- ClearSky Accounting - specialist support for contractors
- Free IR35 & Tax Review - Call ICS on 0800 195 3750
- InTouch Contractor Accounting - Clients love our personal service
- Contractor Mortgages - Based on your daily rate alone